At Shalom Garden, we care about our environment and living green. Our facilities are the coolest houses on the block. From top to bottom, inside and out our living green approach cuts natural resources use and decreases CO2. We use biodegradable soaps, shampoos and cleaning solutions that drain harmlessly without adding chemicals to streams, rivers, and oceans. Our strategically placed trees provide indoor climate control by shading out summer heat. Large windows with shades let us enjoy the sun’s warmth when it’s cold outside and shade our house in the summer. We use biodegradable toilet paper made from recycled paper. Recycling bins make it easy for us to sort glass, plastic, aluminum, and paper products. We have dual-flush toilets allowing us to reduce the amount of water used for flushing. All appliances are certified as energy-saving models. Our houses have multiple skylights to save electricity, long life energy efficient light bulbs, tank-less water heater. Please join us in our effort to keep our planet green.
15 EASY WAYS YOU CAN HELP THE EARTH
1. Take a reusable bag.
2. Keep those fans buzzing in the summer.
4. Switch off the light.
5. Choose locally grown food.
6. Recycle cans and bottles.
7. Replace incandescent light bulbs with compact fluorescent ones.
8. Choose rechargeable batteries.
9. Plant a leafy tree.
10. Take short showers.
11. Send an e-card instead of a paper card.
12. Close your curtains to keep out summer heat.
13. Use natural light instead of a lamp.
14. Turn off the water while brushing your teeth.
15. Share these green tips with your family and friends.