At Shalom Garden we care about our environment.
Our facilities are the coolest houses on the block. From top to
bottom, inside and out our living green approach cuts natural resources
use and decreases CO2. We use biodegradable soaps, shampoos and cleaning
solutions that drain harmlessly without adding chemicals to streams,
rivers, and oceans. Our strategically placed trees provide indoor
climate control by shading out summer heat. Large windows with shades
let us enjoy the sun’s warmth when it’s cold outside
and shade our house in the summer. We use biodegradable toilet paper
made from recycled paper. Recycling bins make it easy for us to
sort glass, plastic, aluminum, and paper products. We have dual-flush
toilets allowing us to reduce the amount of water used for flushing.
All appliances are certified as energy-saving models. Our houses
have multiple skylights to save electricity, long life energy efficient
light bulbs, tank-less water heater. Please join us in our effort
to keep our planet green.
15 EASY WAYS YOU CAN HELP THE EARTH
1. Take a reusable bag.
2. Keep those fans buzzing in the summer.
4. Switch off the light.
5. Choose locally grown food.
6. Recycle cans and bottles.
7. Replace incandescent light bulbs with compact fluorescent ones.
8. Choose rechargeable batteries.
9. Plant a leafy tree.
10. Take short showers.
11. Send an e-card instead of paper card.
12. Close your curtains to keep out summer heat.
13. Use natural light instead of a lamp.
14. Turn off the water while brushing your teeth.
15. Share these green tips with your family and friends.